Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Easter

It was really nice to be home for Easter this year. My oldest sister Chelcia came up with her family from Salt Lake. We spent Saturday at my parents and Sunday at Cory's Grandma's. The kids had  a lot of fun. Saturday we went mini golfing and had an egg hunt. Each of the kids had a mission to find their golden egg. My Dad hid the eggs so hard it took us awhile to find them. He forgot where he hid a few so my parents are still finding eggs in their yard.


 
 
 
The kids LOVED finding a $5.00 bill in their golden eggs. Every egg had some coins in them as well. The kids cashed out pretty well. We had a big Mexican feast for dinner and it was amazing. Afterword we let the kids color a few eggs and make a big huge mess.
 
 

 
As we were sitting around the dinner table coloring eggs I asked the kids "Why do we have Easter guys?" I got several responses about bunnies and eggs and candy so I asked again, "but why do we really have Easter?" Ian (10) responded, "Because Jesus died and was resurrected three days later." I asked the kids how Jesus died? Abby looked confused and shrugged her shoulders and said "Well, maybe he got in a car crash." Luckily Ian is a champ and was able to teach the younger kids the story of Easter and why we celebrate it every year. 

 
I didn't take any pictures on Sunday but we had a really nice Easter dinner at Grandma and Papa Parris'. We finally got to meet Amber's fiancé Jason, and the weather was so nice Deb and Ken set up a badminton net and we all played outside. I wish the weather would warm up like it did that day! I'm ready for spring to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment