Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Gearing up for Graduation!

So Cory has been super slacker on the letters lately, Sheesh it's like he is working really long days or something! He had a camp out thing where he was gone for a few days. He said it was fun... they did little missions and he got to be the guy they had to rescue from the bad guys. He passed his final PT test so he is all set to graduate. He said when he was on the camp out they got super dirty and he got dirt in his cup of Gatorade but he drank it anyway because he was so thirsty. I had to laugh at this because it is sooo not Cory! The last few times Cory has called home he has lists of instructions for me to do. I am in charge of bringing him a laptop, PSP, electric shaver thing, bball shorts, a fitted hat, his iPod, and one of his bags to him for graduation. I also need to arrange Internet service for him as well as research options on extended education for army medics. Lol. I am starting to feel like an Army wife! I'm going to start saying... "YES SIR!" Cory is looking forward to graduation and getting out of Oklahoma. Out of all the places he can choose to eat out when we get there... he wants pizza hut! I'm like... pizza? After weeks and weeks of those nasty army food things you want pizza? I guess working at a pizza place since he was old enough to work didn't quite satisfy his craving. Lol. Abby is so ready to go see her Daddy. She asks me like 15 times everyday... "Mommy, I want to go home and see my Daddy!" She is now starting to say she wants to go to Daddy's house. I'm like GREAT... that sounds super! Haha. She thinks Daddy is still at our old house just waiting for her and she doesn't understand why we don't ever go home when I get off work. I'm just to the point where I say, we will go see Daddy in a few days and I try to change the subject. She is crazy hyper like non-stop lately. Especially at bedtime! Every night after her bath I have to seriously chase her down and sit on her to get her pajamas on. She is laughing like crazy the whole time! Bedtime is a workout! She has her list of excuses she has to go through every night to try and convince me that she isn't ready for bed yet. #1 I have to go potty Mommy.... I always tell her... Abby you just went potty go to sleep.
#2 I need to watch Daddy-phone... so I get my phone and play her the video Cory sent to her telling her to lay down and go to sleep and listen to her Mommy.
#3 I'm thirsty mommy I need some chocolate milk!... I tell her we just brushed her teeth so she can't have chocolate milk but I go and get her a glass of water.
#4 I need to give Mama a love Mommy. (I'm mommy and grandma is Mama.) So we have to get up and go give Mama a hug and kiss, then Mama has to read her a story.
#5 Mommy I want to lay on your bed!... I tell her no, this is Mommy's bed and this is Abby's bed.
#6 Mommy I want you to lay with me. So I lay with her for a few minutes while she pokes me in the eye and tells me to hush and go sleep! I tell her to hush and go sleep too! I give her hugs and kisses and tell her I have to go do some various random chore.
This is our nightly tango at bedtime. Sometimes she has to go give my little sister's dog Hannah a kiss too!
I'm looking forward to graduation and seeing Cory for a few days. I know that the separation at the end of this trip is going to be harder than the first one because we know exactly how much we miss each other when we aren't together. I'm hoping Cory will excel in AIT and keep busy. Abby is good at keeping me busy! I will post some pictures of graduation when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment