Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wanted: Letters

Cory was able to call for 15 minutes on Sunday. He said he has had a busy week of marching and shooting his gun. He said he is doing pretty well with the shooting stuff. He rambled off a bunch of distances and statistics that made absolutely no sense to me, so I just said "good job honey!" He didn't get any letters last week so he called me a jerk. I informed him I sent two and his mom sent one as well. Snail mail is just taking a long time I guess. Abby told me last night as we were heading into the store, "Mommy... Daddy at work he be right back." I just smiled at her and said, "Yea he'll be right back." I could tell she was thinking about it for a few minutes, then she saw a picture of sponge bob and decided to sing the sponge bob song as loud as she could in Smith's. She is keeping really busy. The daycare wakes us up every morning, and Abby is so excited to wake up to the sounds of her friends eating breakfast in the kitchen. I am getting used to living at my parents house again. I don't always make my bed, and I don't do my laundry every five seconds so my mother is stressing about my mess. (My laundry is always in a hamper if it's not put away) I may try to sneak her an anti-anxiety pill. :) I got my hair cut yesterday and I'm loving it! I am going to look into some places for Abby to take dance so that should be fun. Cory has been sending Abby some art work. He draws her favorite cartoon characters and writes her name all pretty, and he draws stick figures of our family for her. Abigail loves these! I thought it was a cute idea because she can't read, but she can recognize the things that he draws for her. I will have to scan one of the pages, they are pretty cute. Cory said he wants more letters. I told him I don't have all day to sit and write letters but I will do my best! Cory's mom has decided to come to his graduation in September with me, but it's a secret! So don't tell! We have booked our flights and rental car and hotel. I'm kind of nervous to fly with Abby, well not so much the flying part but the airport part. She is an independent woman and does not like to hold my hand. I may have to get one of those ridiculous leash things that you can strap to your kid. I will vow to never use it outside of the airport!

1 comment:

  1. CaeDee! Hope you are doing well. We will try to get Cory a letter off, but I feel guilty for making him have to do push-ups. Sounds brutal! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete