Sunday, August 9, 2009

Busy

I only got two letters this week.. so here they are...

July 32st
I haven't had much time to write due to still being sick (I now have the flu to go with my crappy cough) and being extremely tired all the time. Basic really wouldn't be that bad at all if I could just be healthy and rested. This week we have been shooting our rifles. I have named my rifle Charlotte. She is amazing. The first day of shooting we shot at targets and tried to keep our shots hitting the same spot so that you could adjust the sights later on. I just happened to be one of the ten people out of the whole battery (224 people) who was steady enough. My shots were sighted right on target. Day 2 of shooting I didn't have to do anything. Yesterday (Thursday) we went to the range to shoot targets at distances of 75 meters, 150 meters and 300 meters. The targets are life size, and at 300 meters it is so small! I ended up hitting 46 out of 48 targets. I even got a head shot on the 300 meter target! I am pretty BAMF at shooting. We do our qualifications on Monday so I should rock the test.
Lately we have been doing PT twice a day. It wouldn't be so bad if I was healthy. Rumor is we get another penicillin shot here soon. I am excited for it. Tomorrow we go into white phase. Typically you gain a little more privileges. More to come later.

P.S. Tell Brandon Happy Birthday!

August 2/3
Yesterday was a fun test. They told us Saturday night that we could either go to church the next day or go to this concert thing. For me it was an easy choice. We only had 10 guys make the right choice. We usually have like 45 guys. Best part of this story... All the church guys made it back in time for the concert! Showed who really cares. It was pretty entertaining and the performers were Army members who tour base to base and they were WAY GOOD. They were singing stuff like Rihanna and other stuff in whatever genre that is. I will write more this week. Love, Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment