Saturday, August 15, 2009

A little fun

Sat August 8th

Yesterday we went to a different firing range and used some M16's that had red dot scopes attached to them. I was not a fan. I'd rather use my iron sights. We stayed at the range until it was dark. We then used M16A4's that had night vision scopes and we fired tracer rounds. Tracer rounds come out of the rifle bright red so you can see them when they exit. It was pretty fun to watch, it was like the 4th of July. It did suck that we didn't get back till midnight, so I am pretty tired today. Today we got to sleep in till 6:30am with no PT. We ate breakfast and then loaded up on buses and went to these artillery museums. They were pretty interesting. There was a bunch of old stuff, Geronimo was in Ft Sill way back when. Fort Sill is also home to the original "Buffalo Soldiers." Grandma Lish would have enjoyed the museums. Tonight we get to go to a rodeo. I am really craving pizza, for family day we are definitely ordering pizza no doubt about it. It will nice to just hang out with you when you come. Only 33 days till family day. Time is going by quick, it's awesome. Hopefully it just accelerates and it will be here sooner than expected.
August 10th
We did an 8k march... it was way easy. We also threw grenades. They are way cooler in real life than they are on video games. It is still amazingly hot all the time. Idaho sounds glorious right about now. There is actually A LOT of places I'd rather be than here. I'm to the point where I'd gladly sit down and watch a chick flick and listen to country music. My back is still sore even with the drugs I got. I might have to go in to see if I can get some muscle relaxers or something. The days seem to go by faster but still not fast enough. I think madden comes out this week... kinda sucks. I am also sick of showering and shaving EVERYDAY. I would love to be lazy and gross right now. At least I'm getting paid. I think I want to buy a Mitsubishi lancer, they are nice. Love, Cory

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    My wife and I came across your blog, and how she found it I have no idea. We have a son who is in C-1/79th 2nd Plt at Ft. Sill. We don't get to see much at the Basic Training website since they haven't post any pictures as of yet. We have only received one letter from our son but it's nice to be able to read your posted letters. My sons are both US Army and I am a former US Army Helicopter Crewchief. I now do Defense contracting supporting various branches of the military. Anyway, I am sure your military life will be rewarding. My wife and I will be flying out for graduation on the 9th of Sept. We both are looking forward to seeing #2 son finish basic and take on a new career.
    I wish you the best of luck..I visit various websites like Military.com etc..and I collect info for my son on Army regulations etc so he can know the ins and outs of Army life. Anyway do take care and wish Cory a successful graduation.

    ReplyDelete